Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My First Tattoo!

No, your eyes don't deceive you. Maria actually got a tattoo haha.

Contrary to those who think my boyfriend (who has many tattoos) influenced me to get a tattoo, I've actually been planning my first tattoo for over 4 years. In fact, he actually said it's more rare to find a girl without a tattoo and he loved me just the way I was. He said if I wanted to get a tattoo, he would support me. But he never pressured me.

I'm a perfectionist and pretty cautious with permanent things. So I wanted to make sure I wouldn't regret it. I went back and forth between symbols, hebrew, greek, etc. I kept coming back to Beloved, not just for the verse in Song of Solomon (I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine). It represented the intimacy I share between me and God. I know it is proper etiquette to have your tattoo facing outwards to present to others, but this one was personal and not for others. It was to be a daily reminder for me, putting His mark on me.. that I am His, and He is mine. So I decided to have it face towards me. I also had a hard time choosing the location and the font, but I finally decided.

My drummer on my worship team has his own tattoo shop and did it for me. He is also a perfectionist and did beautiful lines. He had worship music playing in the background, and it was such a cool experience. Honestly, I'm not lying, it didn't really hurt at all. Marc will attest to the fact that I was smiling the whole time out of giddiness. It was more annoying than anything. Only one letter kind of hurt because it was over a vein I think. Anyway! Here are some pics :)









I absolutely love it and couldn't be happier with it :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment