Tuesday, July 5, 2011

This is the only time I have an excuse to be stupid

because I have a concussion :(

Me and friends went rafting this weekend and decided to get in line for the rope swing. There was a douche bag in front of us who offered to grab the rope for us (since it was the highest one). Just as I grabbed for the rope he tried to undo my top so I panicked and jumped without gripping the knot on the rope. I immediately slipped off and hit the ground, hitting my head, and slid into the water. I told my body to stand up but couldn't and was laying in the water. Thankfully a guy from our group got me out and helped me stand. I couldn't even make out his face or walk straight. I felt nauseous and disoriented but I refused to go to the hospital cause I didn't want to be a kill joy. Well as the night progressed I got worse. I was forgetting chunks of time, had a growing head ache, and slurring my words. The next morning I knew something was very wrong because my breathing was shallow. So I told my dad and he brought me to the er. They told me I should have come in right away because I had a concussion. And these symptoms can last up to a few weeks :/ I had my first day of work after the accident today, and I was in a fog all day. I was crying on and off for no reason (depression is a side effect). I was half way through a conversation and the person graciously told me we had the exact conversation the day before, which I have no recollection of. I'm irritable and tired no matter how much sleep I get. Speaking of sleep, the first night after a concussion, you're supposed to have someone wake you up every hour or you'll prob go into a coma. Well that night was a sleep over and I don't sleep through the night with other people. I was woken up constantly through the night so I didn't even get a chance to fall asleep more than an hour at a time, which was really good. That's pretty much the nut shell but bottom line I'll be ok and I think my guardian angels are workin overtime ;) I'm just grateful I wasn't paralyzed or worse..
Here are some pics before I fell:















No comments:

Post a Comment