Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving





When getting ready in the morning of Thanksgiving I looked in the mirror and cried to myself, trying to pull myself together for the day. This Thanksgiving was different than the last two. I wouldn't be with his family.. Everything is different now..

But downstairs I heard the laughing of my family playing cards and telling jokes. I smelled my mom's cooking. I heard my dog barking and I decided to wipe my tears away because I have so much to be thankful for.

Thankful for a new season. Thankful for God and his faithfulness. Thankful for family that loves me unconditionally. Thankful that I'm about to be an aunt for the first time. Thankful for the many blessings God has given me..

Then I walked downstairs and had an amazing day..
Here's a toast to new beginnings..


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Maria. I think you'll be a great aunt (not like the old kind of aunt, but an aunt of high quality). I enjoyed spending thanksgiving with you around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Nathaniel :) I am hoping to be a great aunt (not ant) as well ;) love and miss you

    ReplyDelete