Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I'm here

Because Christ died for me, I gave my life back to Him. Therefore I go where He calls me even if it means laying down my will or having to wait for my inner most desires to be fulfilled. And because I'm called I will not give up or take the easy way out. I would rather go through hardships now and see the fruit later than to do my own thing now and have to pay for it sorely later. But I'm also walking through fire now so I'm ready for the greater trials that are to come and so that I can better help others get through their own fire. I'm not here to be happy all the time, for happiness is fleeting. I'm here to be in His will and be sustained by His joy and grace and to grow through this amazing experience.

God is the only one who brought me here.
God is the only one who kept me here.
and now, God is the only one who can get me to leave.

I love this church. I love these kids. I love this community. And my work is cut out for me, but I'm never alone.

I'm here for the long haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment