Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 24

Day 24- A letter to your parents

oh wow.. I'll spare everyone the novel I could write on this

We've been through so much. The enemy has def done a number on us... but we're still a unit. We're still together. And God is sifting us and allowing us to walk through fire to prepare us for what's ahead.

Dad, you are my refuge, my best friend. You love me without condition. Ever since I was a little girl you showed me an example of God's love for me. Because of you, I don't have a problem trusting the opposite sex, even I have been hurt many times by them. I can trust because I know that men like you are out there. That there are still men of God with pure intentions. I admire you and love you with all my heart. Thank you for everything you've ever done. You sacrifice so much for me. And I'm proud to say I'm a Daddy's girl :)

Mom, we have had our ups and downs. but at the end of the day we love each other. We have our differences, but at the end of the day you're my mom and I'm your daughter, and that will never change. I'm flattered when people tell me I look like you or that I have many of your mannerisms. I'm proud when people tell me how outgoing, loving, youthful, funny, charming, etc. you are. I have inherited so many wonderful qualities of yours. You are a woman of God and you lift me up in prayer every day. There are even times where I'm going through a dark night or I'm terribly sick and too proud to call for help. And without me even having to say anything, the Holy Spirit already tells you and you make sure I'm ok. And maybe part of that is a mother's bond to her child. She just knows. I am my mother's daughter. :).... and I will always love you



No comments:

Post a Comment