Wednesday, September 1, 2010

DAY 13

Day 13- A letter to someone who has hurt you recently

normally a response you would expect to read would be something to the effect of "I can't believe you did that. I'll never forgive you." followed by expletives and wishes against their well being. But I'm not going to do that. I've experienced first hand how holding a grudge or unforgiveness can poison your whole life. You ultimately don't forgive someone for their sake but for your own (especially when they do not even desire nor care about your forgiveness).

So I will proceed with my letter:

I've said all I needed to say about how you've hurt me. I've cried my tears. I've gone through my own stages of grief. Shock...Disbelief... Pain... Shame... and for a while utter anger... then grief for losing you as a friend... but finally... finally after a long battle I let go of you. I released you into God's hands. I couldn't have done it without Him helping me. But vengeance is ultimately God's. He can avenge me better than I ever could. The truth is known. I stand before God forgiven for my part. I wouldn't take back one thing for all the shallow threats in the world because by doing so I would be lying and compromising my own integrity. You can run away from everything, but to enter into your calling you must first humble yourself. If you don't do that fundamental thing, God will do it for you. I pray for you.. I wish you no harm. I know who you are made to be in Christ. And I sincerely pray God convicts you and transforms you. Know that I have forgiven you even after everything you put me through. The world would say I have every right to seek retribution and to hate you. But the world... just look at the world... I will end with this. I love you. I forgive you with all of my heart. And I have let you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment