Tuesday, August 31, 2010

DAY 12

Day 12- How you found out about Tumblr and why you made one

hmmm well seeing that I don't have a Tumblr I'll apply it to Blogger. I didn't have a particular reason to choose this particular blog, but I wanted to have a blog to put my ideas, dreams, hopes, thoughts, frustrations, fears, etc. all out there in the great abyss of the internet... it's not really about how many people read my blog, if I can even safely say "people" indeed follow my blog regularly lol. but there's no rules. No standards.

Just raw Maria.

Although as of late there have been restrictions because I am now in full time ministry. it's not like I used to post inappropriate things. That's not what I'm talking about. But people have apparently read my blog and looked way into phrases and took them the wrong way in turn making my life more complicated for me than necessary. So I learned from it and am now being more careful in what I post. Somethings are better left unsaid, or just simply prayed or journaled.

(cue tangent)

I'm not going to withdraw and put on a front that I'm always happy. Joy is so different from happiness, which is fleeting. I want people to see that I am not some super hero that can't feel pain, or someone who is void of bad days. Yes, I am a Christian, but with that comes trials. Feelings of inadequacy, fear, doubt, etc. are very natural and very human and shouldn't be hidden for the sake of appearances. in every account in the bible, even the most mighty men and women of God experienced some sort of failing, insecurity, weakness, etc. And God used that to be strong through them. And we have those stories to apply them to our lives. Yes they are anointed men and women of God and their stories are the inspired word of God, but we can most certainly apply those principles to our lives today. or else what is the point of the Bible? A history book? when God told Paul that His strength is perfected through his weaknesses, He wasn't just saying that to Paul. He was saying it to all of us. We are all his children. We are called. And we can't do it on our own strength.

ok I'm done... that was just on my mind.
but back to the question of the day? I blog because it's a release for me and it's fun to look back on the progression of my writing and the things I've gone through


No comments:

Post a Comment