Thursday, February 21, 2013

It's that Time Again!

So I know when I moved to Natomas over a year ago I said that was the last time I was going to move before getting married, but that obviously didn't end up being true (already explained how that fell through). But this time I mean it! I've lived with my parents for about 6 months, and I have been ready to move out for a while now. So I've been praying for God to provide me with a godly roommate in a safe neighborhood, and He did!

I put my feelers out to some friends, including Kelly (Marc's cousin - who set us up). Turns out less than 2 weeks prior to that, her friend (my future roommate) reached out to her needing a roommate. So Kelly called her and asked her if she was still looking for a roommate, and she happened to call her right as she was praying for a roommate! I know that was confusing, but it was such a trip when I heard that. Christy is a children's minister at an AG church and so bubbly and sweet. Marc and I went and met her, and the house is beautiful. It's 3 bedroom, 1 story, with a gorgeous backyard (still looking for a 3rd roommate). There's wood floors, space for storage in the garage, etc. It's everything I've prayed for and it's even closer to Marc! The house is in Elk Grove, on a road that turns into the same road where I work. Even though I will be farther from my church (now making my drive about an hour and a half), I know this is the right choice for me. And my pastor has worked with me so that I am no only required to be there once a week.

My move in date is March 2nd, and I'm so excited. OH! and another crazy fact is that the owners/renters of the house are Marc's cousins! Ted (the husband) is Kelly's brother, who happens to be close friends with my pastor. I think the world is shrinking haha

Anyway, I have to pack my life up once again under 2 weeks so I'm a tad stressed out, but so ready for this change and new season. I'm trusting God to provide for me, and I have a peace about this place. Where I last lived, my roommates took advantage of me and it was like living in a nightmare. So I've been much more cautious this time around with who I chose as a roommate. It's as if God picked her out! I'm so blessed :)


No comments:

Post a Comment