Thursday, September 1, 2011

I loved you.

Once I finally opened the door

Your fire tore through me to my core

Where few have touched, you did more

You scarred, you layed waste like a plague

And then you through me away

Even with a weak heart, you gave me hope

No more crying, no more lying

That this time I was finally home

But these scars remind me

I loved you with a song

That only you knew

And heard in your soul

That called you for so long

I loved you

till my heart would bleed

Underneath your feet

And even now

In spite of me

That love runs deep

But my last tear for you,

because of you

has fallen as I sing

The brim of my sorrow is full

And I am ridding myself of you

Your healing, promises, and love

Took off their masks to reveal

Poison, lies, and everything I wish to be rid of

They’re not mine to bear, your bitterness and pain

And they keep you company, your only gain.


You tore me down so we’d be face to face

Yet you still couldn’t see me

I uncovered my wounds and unveiled my face

But all you gave was stabbing apathy


How did it feel when I walked away?

Our song never to be sung again

The heartbreak you finally repaid

To see tears creep down my face

And banish me from this place

Your prison that I called home

Did you feel better?

Are you not still alone?

After you and your misery left her

Emptiness you have sown.

No comments:

Post a Comment