Wednesday, July 13, 2011

still consussed

The doctor finally found where I hit my head and there's a bone bruise right over the spot that controls my speech. No wonder I've been speaking like an idiot lately!!! He explained so much as to why I'm experiencing everything I am and how to better manage.. I'll have this stupid headache and cognitive issues for a while still but they should be getting better a little more each day. I really hope I won't be too out of it for the family reunion in Montana.. I love playing with my little 2nd cousins, they're adorable and I don't want to be too out of it :(

What's cool is there's research that supports the theory that if you heal completely after a concussion, you actually are quicker and sharper. During recovery you rebuild broken connections and they end up being stronger and making better pathways than before. Hope that's the case for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment