Sunday, June 5, 2011

Some Dreams Don't Come True

Years passed till I found my smile again
Anger subsided into forgiveness
Wounds from cutting words healed

On a warm summer night under crystal stars
I found myself lost in a crowd looking for you
I twirled on a wooden dock to a sweet violin playing
Dropping to the floor to adjust my boots
I rose up to meet your face level with mine
That look of recognition of oneself within another
The look I thought I would never see again

The music we once heard was playing again within us
Because of us, for us, all around us
You took my hand and we ran away
We ran with all our might looking up at the stars
Laughing, completely free

Then I woke up, and I could still hear the faint laughter

My hand was still warm from where you held on so tight

Your absence was sitting next to me and watching

as I tried so hard to remember our music.

When I looked outside the stars were so dim

barely showing through my storm clouds

And I was alone again, the silence louder than usual

Maybe you were looking at those same stars as well..

Trying to remember our song too.




No comments:

Post a Comment