Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

A day for remembering those who sacrificed for us.. makes me think of my Grandaddy and Grandmommy.. She was a lieutenant nurse and he was a sergeant, and that's how they met. And it makes me think of my Grandpa on my mom's side. All three of them served in World War 2. Also, my uncle David served in the army in Vietnam. I've had a lot of family that served our country. And I never want to be in a place of taking that for granted and forgetting to be grateful.

We had a Teen Challenge picnic @ Hagan Park today.. I haven't been there in years.. It's like once I step over the boarders of the property I'm literally in a time machine. Everywhere I look there's flashbacks and my stomach sinks further down and my heart inches further up my throat. I left early because it was too much. I'm glad my dad understood. But it was really nice to see everyone and visit on such a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment