Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Seasons

Another season has come and gone..
For financial reasons, I am moving back to Sacramento.
I've really appreciated this opportunity to serve as the youth and worship pastor at Lakeport Christian Center. I've learned so much and made life long connections.

This past Sunday was my last one leading worship and tonight was my last night leading the youth group.. they were so sweet. Surprised me with an ice cream cake and pizza and a sweet card. It was so cute.. one of the girls looked perplexed and asked, "Why are we having a celebration because you're leaving? this is more like a funeral..." lol I'm gonna miss them...

Here are a few pics from tonight:











I will move back home and work at Teen Challenge. I'll have time to work on my music and get some much needed rest. I know that once I'm ready, God will lead me to the next ministry position. My heart is for full time music ministry.

This is really testing my trust in God.. I'm so used to having the next thing mapped out for me and going 80mph all the time. Sometimes God gives us a season of rest and healing because we really need it. And instead of resisting it I'm going to just take the next step ahead of me and focus on strengthening my relationship with Him.

Being single is also another adventure lol... definitely NOT looking for a relationship any time soon. But I'm not opposed to the occasional date here and there :)

anyway time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment