Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 9

Day 09- Something you’re proud of in the past few days

Well last night was our first Press Forward back to school night. I was in charge of putting it all together. I was so nervous cause I've never put on a church service by myself before. I had my friend, Rev. Stephen Dela Cruz come out as the guest speaker. I directed a skit that the youth performed in. I also put together a youth worship team. We practiced for hours... But as much as I tried to do, I had to just put the rest in God's hands. In retrospect I'm realizing the things I could have improved on. But that will ALWAYS be the case. I learned a lot about what I'm capable of and that no matter what you try to plan, sometimes plans go out the window and you just gotta roll with it. You gotta do all you can and leave the rest in God's hands. And every single youth responded to the altar call. I was so amazed to see them hungry for God. That was the whole point of the night, to empower them and challenge them as they start the new school year. So I'm proud of that. Might not be that spectacular to others, but it was huge for me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment