Tuesday, April 13, 2010

unexpectedly...


so as mentioned a while ago, my dad had sent out 63 personalized letters with my resume to pastors all throughout the district... I'm already getting back numerous offers and inquiries. I wasn't expecting them so soon, and so many of them.

Some say that God gives you many options for you to choose yourself, and whatever you choose, he will bless (which can be biblical when looking at Abraham choosing which land he wanted). But some say that He has a perfect will for me, one position in this time in my life that was meant for me... could it be a mixture of both? All I know is that up until now, my life experience tells me that there is a church that will be perfect for me and He will guide me to it.

One of the offers is in Grass Valley, one's in Fairfield, one's in Lakeport as a full time youth pastor with benefits, one's in san francisco (where my heart longs to be), but I just need to keep in communication with them all and weight the pros and cons and pray pray pray!!!

I can't limit God. I'm not going to choose a position just because it would be more comfortable or convenient for me. What if God wants me to grow and be stretched by starting out as a youth pastor or a children's pastor and then ease into worship? I can't put him in a box or live as if my plans are somehow better than His. So... I'm trusting. Time is short, but I'm in no rush to make a rash decision. Because, after all, this is my life and a huge decision.

All I know is I have a dream that was placed into me when I was little. And that dream is soon to be birthed through me and I'm never giving up on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment