Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Not for long


It really is true that it gets worse before it gets better. It gets juuussttt a bit uglier before it turns beautiful. Like in a refining process, when all the impurities come to the top. It looks gross, but comes out spotless and pure. I'm in process right now. All of my impurities just keep coming up to the surface and I'm having a hard time viewing myself like God does. I just see a mess. But he sees the end result. When we're in the "pit" or in the dark night of change we tend to live in the moment of our present sufferings. It's only natural. But lately I have been reminded that God is not only sovereign. But He does all things well... And there is an end to this. He is faithful to see it through till completion. And I will look back and know the purpose to my pain. Then I will look to Him and thank Him for not sparing me from any trial. It's making me who I'm meant to be, sharing in the likeness of Christ (which includes his suffering), and that is worth it all.
I'm in the cocoon, but not for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment